Football predictions – Malta vs Croatia – Euro 2016 Qualifiers
Kick off: 19:45
Tuesday, 13.10.2015, with the kick-off set at 19:45, the Malta vs Croatia duel from the final round of these Euro 2016 Qualifiers is going to take place.
|Team facts and news:
- Malta has played in the same pace that they accustomed us with during the previous campaigns, as they have not recorded any notable results.
- The home side however managed to gather two points after the clashes against Azerbaijan (score 2-2) and Bulgaria (score 1-1).
- With a goal record of only 3-15, the small nation has the worst goal scoring and conceding record in the group. A. Eiffong, C. Failla and M.Mifsud are the three goalscorers for the team during this Euro campaign.
- The two teams have met 7 times throughout history, Malta managing to keep Croatia in check only once, during the 2006 World Cup qualifiers, when they obtained a 1-1 draw in front of their home supporters.
- Croatia is currently on the 3rd position in Group H, with 17 points obtained so far.
- The visitors have their play-off place secured before this fixture, but the fact that they are only 2 points behind Norway still gives them hope for a straight qualification. Given the fact that the Nordic team is travelling to Italy and the possibility of a loss is quite big, the Croatians must win this game by any means.
- Croatia has been the most offensive team of this group, with no less than 19 goals scored ahead of this clash. Ivan Perisic, with 5 goals netted is the nation’s main goalscorer.
- At the same time, despite only occupying the 3rd position, Croatia also has the best defense in this group, with only 5 goals conceded.
Take your BONUS from the top UK bookmaker!
If Norway will not get the victory over Italy and Croatia succeeds in outscoring Malta, then they secure their tickets to France. These being said, we expect an ultra-offensive approach from Modric & co. , recommending at least 3 goals to be scored.
Moreover, for the more adventurous ones, we also think that you should consider at least 2 goals to be scored before half time.