Betting tips – AS Roma vs Palermo – Serie A
Kick off: 19:45
Hi guys! This weekend will be the last one with some exciting games this season. I turned my attention to few Serie A games and one of them will take place today from 19:45 at Olimpico, putting face to face AS Roma and Palermo. The home side is coming after two wins in a row and the last one was against Lazio, their local rivals, 2-1, securing the 2nd place in Serie a for the 2nd year in a row. In this case, Roma managed to qualify in Champions League group stage and next season their main target will be to fight for the title in Italy. Now they have 70 points and a 53-29 goal difference, a very impressive one, but we can’t compare these numbers with Juventus’ numbers.
- Roma lost only a game in front of their own fans so far (10W – 7D – 1L).
- They have the best defence in the league (29), excluding Juventus (24).
- More than that, Roma won seven of the last eight meetings with Palermo at Olimpico Stadium.
AS Roma will be without some important players today. To be more precise, Castan, Strootman and Gervinho are all injured, while Torosidis is suspended and won’t be available. I expect Rudi Garcia to rotate the squad, since there are no real reasons to fight. It’s very possible to see Balzaretti in the starting eleven after a he struggled with injury most of the season.
AS Roma probable lineup (4-3-3): Sanctis – Florenzi, Mbiwa, Astori, Balzaretti – Paredes, Rossi, Ucan – Iturbe, Totti, Ibarbo.
On the other hand, Palermo are not in their best form right now, proof that they recorded only a win, two draws and two defeats in the recent weeks. As I said, the guests will finish in the bottom half of the table, being impossible to enter in Top 10. They are on the 11th place, with 46 points, same as Sassuolo and Hellas Verona, but with a better goal difference, 51-54. They have a very impressive attack, as you can see, but the main problem remains the defence, with almost 1,5 goals conceded per game.
- Palermo lost with the same score two of the last three fixtures, 2-3, vs Fiorentina and Atalanta, both games being played at home.
- They managed to win only 16 points out of 54 when it comes about away matches this season.
- The first game between Roma and Palermo this season ended with a draw, 1-1 in January.
The away side also has some unavailable players for this trip. Morganella, Bolzoni and Barreto are all injured and will miss the duel.
Palermo probable lineup (4-3-1-2): Sorrentino – Vitiello, Gonzalez, Andjelkovic, Lazaar – Chochev, Jajalo, Rigoni – Quaison – Belotti, Vazquez.
Betting tips AS Roma vs Palermo: 1 @ 1.42
Football tips AS Roma vs Palermo: 1/1 @ 2.08
May 2015: 4W – 0V – 2L