Kick off: 19:45
Wolfsburg and PSV Eindhoven will offer us a very interesting game and maybe one of the most spectacular matches of Wednesday in UEFA Champions League. The game is scheduled to start at 19:45, UK Time, as usual and it is part of the third round in the group-stage.
Team facts and news:
- After few dissapointing weeks in Bundesliga and not only, Wolfsburg managed to win three points last weekend, defeating Hoffenheim, 4-2 at home after a spectacular duel.
- Wolfsburg had a good start in Champions League, winning three points over CSKA Moscow in the first game, 1-0 at home, but they lost the second match, 1-2 at Old Trafford.
- Group B is really interesting, all four teams having three points and a +0 goal difference after the first two rounds.
- Wolfsburg need a good result here to remain in the qualification race with a good chance.
- It’s good to know that Wolfsburg played six home games this season, recording five wins and only one draw.
- Felipe Lopes and Robin Knoche are not 100% fit and they could miss the game, but a final answer is still expected from the medical staff.
- PSV Eindhoven are the Dutch champions of the previous campaign, but their form is not the same after losing two important players like Wijnaldum and Memphis Depay.
- The visitors ticked a win, 2-1 vs Man United at home, and a loss, 2-3 vs CSKA Moscow, but even so, they are leading the Group B, having the best attack.
- Their away form is not an impressive one, proof that PSV recorded a win and two defeats in their last three competitive trips.
- This is the first time when PSV meet Wolfsburg in an official match and the guests are the underdogs at first view, both on the papers and at the bookies.
- PSV Eindhoven will be without Jozefoon and Willems, still recovering from injuries, but more than that, Santiago Arias will remain home being suspended, so Brenet will probably take his chance as right-back.
Wolfsburg probable lineup (4-1-4-1): Benaglio – Trasch, Naldo, Dante, Rodriguez – Gustavo – Caligiuri, Draxler, Kruse, Schurrle – Dost.
PSV Eindhoven probable lineup (4-3-3): Zoet – Brenet, Bruma, Moreno, Poulsen – Propper, Hendrix, Guardado – Narsingh, Jong, Lestienne.
Take your BONUS from the top UK bookmaker!
Wolfsburg and PSV are two spectacular teams, with very good attacks and that’s why I expect a good game here, with goals from both teams.
Anyway, you could also try another bet, like under 3,5 goals. Three of the last four Wolfsburg’s matches ended with under 3,5 results, and the same thing applies to the visitors too.
September 2015: W92 – D9 – L46
October 2015: W57 – V3 – L23
Only predictions marked with ”*” are included in the statistics!