Kick off: 19:45
One of the most attractive duels of this week in the Italian Serie A will put face to face AS Roma and Udinese at Olimpico from Roma. The game is scheduled to start Wednesday evening at 19:45 and if we take a look at the odds it’s very clear which side has the first chance.
Team facts and news:
- The Romans are in a great form, coming after a crucial win in Firenze, 2-1 vs Fiorentina at the weekend.
- They took the lead in Serie A, having 20 points after nine rounds, two more points than Napoli, Fiorentina, Inter and Lazio.
- With Juventus having big problems, AS Roma could be the main favourite in the title race this campaign.
- Dzeko & co have an impressive goal difference, 22-11, with the best attack in the league.
- By the way, Roma is the only team with more than 20 goals scored this season in Serie A.
- Strootman, Keita and Totti are still injured, while De Rossi and Salah are suspended for this clash so there are some problems in the home squad.
- With De Rossi and Salah missing the game, Vainqueur and Falque are very likely to start here.
- On the other hand, Udinese are much inferior from almost every point view, being in the bottom half of the table after nine rounds.
- They started very bad this season, but now their form looks much better, proof that the guests are coming after a good run with two wins and two draws in the previous four rounds.
- Udinese have a total of 11 points in their account and an unimpressive goal difference, 9-11.
- The visitors are on the 14th position, only five points ahead the relegation zone.
- Unfortunately, the away side is one of those teams in Serie A with less than 10 goals scored so far.
- There five missing players in the visitors’ squad too, with Guilherme, Merkel, Zapata, Kone and Domizzi all injured, remaining home this week.
AS Roma probable lineup (4-3-3): Szczesny – Florenzi, Castan, Manolas, Digne – Nainggolan, Vainqueur, Pjanic – Falque, Dzeko, Gervinho.
Udinese probable lineup (3-5-1-1): Karnezis – Wague, Danilo, Piris – Edenilson, Badu, Lodi, Iturra, Adnan – Fernandes – Thereau.
Take your BONUS from the top UK bookmaker!
AS Roma looked excellent so far and I expect the home side to continue this way winning three more points against a weaker side from the bottom half of the table.
Anyway, I don’t expect more than three goals here, considering that both teams have decent defenses and four of the last five meetings ended with under 3,5 results.
September 2015: W92 – D9 – L46
October 2015: W87 – V4 – L42
Only predictions marked with ”*” are included in the statistics!