Goals might be very profitable here
Photo source : www.zimbio.com
Date : 19.08.2017
Kick off : 14:30 PM
Saturday, 19.08.2017, set to start at 14:30, the Wolfsburg vs Borussia Dortmund clash is going to be one of the most interesting from the first round of the 2017/2018 Bundesliga season.
Team facts and news
- “The Wolves” were a bitter disappointment for their fans in the past season, as they finished near the bottom of the table, on the 16th position. That sent them to the Bundesliga relegation playoffs, where they defeated Eintracht Braunschweig, with the minimum score in both legs.
- Wolfsburg kicked off this new season with a victory in their first official game, 1-0 in the DFB Pokal against Norderstedt.
Probable line-up: Casteels – Verhaegh, Knoche, Uduokhai, Gerhardt – Bazoer, Camacho – Blaszczykowski, Didavi, Hinds – Gomez
- The team in yellow and black did not impress in the previous edition of Bundesliga either, as they only finished 3rd. In Europe, they only got to the UCL quarter-finals, where Monaco knocked the out.
- Borussia Dortmund jump-started this season with an impressive 4-0 victory in the DFB Pokal against Rielasingen-Arlen.
- Peter Bosz, the coach for the visitors, has to handle quite a long list of injuries: Durm, Guerreiro, Schmelzer, Reus, Weigl, Schurrle and Rode.
Probable line-up: Bürki – Piszczek, Sokratis, Bartra, Zagadou – Castro, Sahin, M. Götze – C. Pulisic, Aubameyang, Philipp
Main prediction : Over 2.5 goals @ 1.53 at WilliamHill
To be considered : Over 3.5 goals @ 2.40 at WilliamHill
Judging this clash based on the opinion of bookmakers, Dortmund appears bound to get the victory, but considering their important absences, the alternative of many goals scored in this fixture sounds much better in my view.