The beginning of a new season
Photo source : www.goal.com
Date : 12.08.2017
Kick off : 12:30 PM
Saturday, 12.08.2017, set to start at 12:30, the Watford vs Liverpool match-up will set the tone for things to come later in the Premier League.
Team facts and news
- Watford brought in a lot of players in this transfer windows. These players would be: Daniel Bachmann (Austria Wien), Jorge Andres Segura Portocarrero (Udinese), Kiko (Alaves), Tom Cleverley (Everton) and Will Hughes (Derby).
- The home team played their past friendly game a week ago and they only managed to get a scoreless draw against Real Sociedad.
- Mauro Zarate is the main player missing for the home side, as he is still fighting through medical issues.
Probable line-up: Gomes – Holebas, Britos, Prodl, Janmaat – Chalobah, Hughes – Cleverley, Capoue, Amrabat – Gray
- On the other hand, Liverpool took part in the Audi Cup this summer, where they knocked out Bayern Munich but failed to defeat Atletico Madrid as well, as they lost after a penalty shootout.
- Jurgen Klopp will not be able to rely on Adam Lallana and Danny Ings for the team’s Premier League opener, as both have a medical condition. Moreover, Daniel Sturridge is still an uncertainty, while Philippe Coutinho has created a huge mess after his transfer request and his alleged back injury will keep him away from the field.
Probable line-up: Mignolet – Alexander Arnold, Lovren, Matip, Moreno – Can, Henderson, Wijnaldum – Mane, Firmino, Salah
Main prediction : Over 2.5 goals @ 1.80 at PaddyPower
To be considered : Over 3.5 goals @ 3.10 at PaddyPower
This is the first Premier League match for both teams and the players on each side are going to try and prove their value from the very start. Liverpool did not strengthen too much during the course of this summer, but Watford made quite some interesting signings. I expect a match-up with a lot of chances at both ends and perhaps another goal galore to open up the season.