Fiery clash at Wembley Stadium
Photo source : www.skysports.com
Date : 20.08.2017
Kick off : 16:00 PM
Sunday, 20.08.2017, set to start at 16:00, the Tottenham vs Chelsea match-up is going to be the most expected one of the new Premier League season so far.
Team facts and news
- Tottenham is currently sitting on the 4th position of the Premier League, with the maximum number of points won after the inaugural round.
- The home side kicked off the new season on the right foot, with a 2-0 victory that came after the break at St. James Park, against Newcastle.
- Erik Lamela, Danny Rose and Georges Kevin Nkoudou will all be unavailable for the home side, as they are still injured.
Probable line-up: Lloris – Vertonghen, Alderweireld, Dier – Davies, Dembele, Wanyama, Walker Peters – Eriksen, Alli – Kane
- As for their counterparts, Chelsea is only occupying the 14th position in the table, after they lost their home opener against Burnley at home.
- The visitors had quite the shock in the inaugural round, when Burnley came at Stamford Bridge and somehow got away with a 2-3 victory. Therefore, Chelsea is coming into this game after back-to-back failures, as they also lost the FA Community Shield against Arsenal after penalties.
- Antonio Conte will not be able to rely on Gary Cahill or Cesc Fabregas for this Wembley trip, as they are both still injured.
Probable line-up: Courtois – Azpilicueta, Christensen, Rudiger – Moses, Luiz, Kante, Alonso – Hazard, Willian – Morata
Main prediction : Both teams to score @ 1.68 at Ladbrokes
To be considered : Over 3.5 goals @ 3.10 at Ladbrokes
Tottenham is certainly the big favorite in this encounter, thanks to their home advantage. Antonio Conte, however, seems very eager to prove that the first round was just a “hiccup”, reason why I expect both teams to score with quite some ease.