Football predictions – Sweden vs France – WC 2018 Qualifiers
Photo source : www.goal.com
Date : 09.06.2017
Kick off : 19:45 PM
Friday, 09.06.2017, set to begin at 19:45, the Sweden vs France duel will highlight the WC 2018 Qualifiers as far as the European nations are concerned.
Team facts and news
- Sweden is currently occupying the second position in Group A, with 10 points achieved after 5 games.
- The home side hasn’t been all that constant throughout these qualifiers. Following the 2-1 defeat at the wrath of their opponent from this game, Sweden came back home and mopped the floor with Belarus (4-0).
- E. Forsberg is the most clinical player for the Northerners, as he has already netted the ball 3 times during these WC 2018 Qualifiers.
- The Swedes have played 3 friendly games so far this year. They first took a loss to Cote D’Ivoire, but then bounced back with victories over Slovakia and Portugal.
- As for their counterparts, France is pleasantly sitting on the throne of Group A, with 13 points gathered through 5 clashes.
- Following their let-down draw in the first game of these qualifiers, the French national team has been unstoppable, with 4 consecutive victories and 10 goals scored in the process. Their most recent game saw them cruising past Luxembourg in an away game (3-1).
- Kevin Gameiro, O. Giroud, A. Griezmann, D. Payet and Paul Pogba are tied for the title of France’s main goalscorer during these qualifiers, as they all have scored 2 goals apiece.
- A couple of days ago, France warmed up for this official fixture with a friendly game against Paraguay. They were triumphant in front of their home crowd and easily won 5-0.
To be considered : Over 2.5 goals @ 2.15 at Bwin
Sweden and France are the most dominant teams in this group so far, making this duel very crucial as far as the first position in the group is concerned. Both teams will be gunning for the victory and I feel that with very gifted strikers on both teams, we will see just enough goal chances.