APOEL has the highest age average in this playoff
Photo source : www.thesun.co.uk
Date : 23.08.2017
Kick off : 19:45 PM
Wednesday, 23.08.2017, set to start at 19:45, the Slavia Prague vs APOEL clash will take place at “Eden Arena” and we will see the home side trying to overturn the deficit.
Team facts and news
- Slavia Prague is the big favorite for this second leg in the eyes of the bookmakers, as the Czech champions are yet to lose here after 4 months of an undefeated streak.
- The last time they failed to get anything out of a home game was against Zlin, in a Cup game (1-0).
- As far as their hopes for qualifying for the UCL group stage, those are rather slim, but a 2 goals deficit has been overturned time and time again and a miracle in The Czech Republic does not look like such a long shot.
Probable line-up: Lastuvka- Frydrych, Jugas, Ngadeu-Ngadjui, Boril- Soucek- van Buren, Rotan, Husbauer, Stoch- Skoda
- APOEL is trying to reacht he UEFA Champions League group stage for the 4th time in their history.
- Giorgio Donis managed to instill confidence in his players and Camargo alongside Aloneftis, rewarded his trust with 2 goals int he first leg.
- It must be mentioned that, APOEL regardless of encountering some easy opponents in Dudelange and FC Viitorul, always struggled away from home (even losing 1-0 in Romania against FC Viitorul).
Probable line-up: Waterman- Milanov, Rueda, Carlao, Lago- Morais, Vinicius- Ebecilio, Oar, Aloneftis- de Camargo
Main prediction : Under 2.5 goals @ 1.75 at PaddyPower
To be considered : Under 1.5 goals @ 3.10 at PaddyPower
Considering the fact that APOEL is a much more mature team than Slavia Prague, I expect the visitors to manage to keep the danger away from the goal defended by Waterman. This is most likely not going to be a very interesting clash to watch.