Football predictions – Sheriff Tiraspol vs Qarabag – Uefa Champions League
Date : 01.08.2017
Kick off : 18:00 PM
Tuesday, 01.08.2017, set to begin at 18:00, the Sheriff Tiraspol vs Qarabag encounter will be the sole match-up from the second leg of the Uefa Champions League III preliminary round of the day.
Team facts and news
- The team from Moldova is quite accustomed to the taste of European matches, as they have played three times already in the Europa League group stages.
- This year, the team coached by Roberto Bordin kicked off their European campaign in the 2nd preliminary round of the Champions League, where they faced Kukesi, the Albanian champions. They won 1-0 at home and then lost 2-1 away, but snatched the qualification.
- In the first leg of the fixture against Qarabag, Sheriff Tiraspol got away with a good results, a scoreless draw. In order to qualify further tonight, the team from Tiraspol needs to score at least one goal.
- Qarabag is no stranger of European competitions either, as they played in the Europa League group stages for three consecutive years now (they always stopped in the group stage).
- This year, Gurban Gurbanov’s team squared off against Samtredia, which they defeated 1-0 away after they only managed to secure a scoreless draw at home.
- In order for the team to advance towards the playoffs, Qarabag is forced to score today, a draw with goals scored by both sides would be enough to make sure of their Europa League group stage presence at least.
To be considered : Both teams to score @ 2.15 at Bwin
Therefore, both teams are in need of a goals today, reason why I expect a different approach from the first leg from both coaches, who do not want to risk conceding and falling behind. At least two goals should be easily scored in this lone fixture on Tuesday night.