Real Madrid is close to another trophy
Photo source : www.skysports.com
Date : 16.08.2017
Kick off : 22:00 PM
Wednesday, 16.08.2017, set to start at 22:00, the Barcelona vs Real Madrid second leg is definitely going to be a fiery one after the 4 goals we witnessed at Camp Nou.
Team facts and news
- Zinedine Zidane has been outstanding ever since he came at the helm of Real Madrid. The French coach already has 6 major trophies under his belt and he is close to clinching another one tonight. The Spanish champions got away with a 3-1 victory at Camp Nou and are in the pole-position to lift the Super Cup.
- The home side received some bad news concerning Cristiano Ronaldo in the past days. After his push on the referee, the Spanish Federation decided to suspend him for the Blanco’s next 5 games.
- There are however some good news as well regarding Real Madrid, as Croatian player Luka Modric will be back in the team after he served his one game suspension in the first leg.
Probable line-up: Navas – Marcelo, Ramos, Varane, Carvajal – Modric, Casemiro, Kroos – Isco – Benzema, Bale
- The Catalan formation is definitely much weaker after the departure of Neymar and they showed plenty of it in the first leg of this Super Cup (their left wing was super inefficient).
- The “blaugrana” team has an almost impossible task at hand in this fixture. They need to win by a margin of at least 3 goals in order to lift the trophy and that is going to be almost impossible to do without conceding any goal at Santiago Bernabeu given Real’s top form and Barca’s laggy defense.
- The visitors do not have any serious squad issues, as Rafinha is the only injured player, while Vermaelen’s situation remains a question mark.
Probable line-up: Ter Stegen – Alba, Umtiti, Pique, Vidal – Rakitic, Busquets, Gomes – D. Suarez, L. Suarez, Messi
Main prediction : Real Madrid to win either half @ 1.57 at Bet365
To be considered : Real Madrid to win @ 2.38 at Bet365
Mainly basing my predictions on how well Real Madrid has fared so far, I expect them to pull something new and unexpected out of the bag and claim the Super Cup trophy. They certainly have plenty of talent in order to compensate for the loss of their key player – Cristiano Ronaldo.