Football predictions – Portugal vs Serbia – Euro U21
Date : 17.06.2017
Kick off : 17:00 PM
Saturday, 17.06.2017, set to begin at 17:00, the Portugal vs Serbia will be a very balanced match from the Euro U21 tournament and it’s going to take place at “Zdzisław Krzyszkowiak Stadium”.
Team facts and news
- This is Portugal’s 8th rodeo at the Euro Under 21, their most recent trip being two years ago in The Czech Republic, when they lost the final after penalties against Sweden.
- This year, the side coached by Rui Jorge has its eyes on the big trophy. They are ready to go guns blazing against Europe’s forces Italy, Germany and Spain. The spotlight is going to be on Renato Sanches, a player that shone at the Euro 2016, helping out his national team to win its first silverware.
- Portugal is undefeated for the last two years and their record of 14th straight games will be put to the test today.
Probable line-up: Pereira – Rebocho, Semedo, Ie, Cancelo – Fernandes, Neves, Sanches – Bruma, Jota, Guedes
- As an independent country, Serbia took part in three of these tournaments, their best performance coming in 2007, back when they lost the final against The Netherlands.
- The Serbian do not hold high hopes, considering that alongside Portugal, they also have the other Iberic force in their group, in Spain, both being title contenders.
- The team coached by Nenad Lalatović did fine during the qualifiers and finished second in Group B. They qualified for the play-offs, where they faced Norway. A 2-0 victory in Serbia was enough for them to afford a 1 goal loss in Norway and qualify for the Euro U21 here in Poland.
Probable line-up: Milinkovic-Savic – Antonov, Veljkovic, Jovanovic, Gajic – Maksimovic, Lukic – Gacinovic, Grujic, Zivkovic – Djurdjevic
To be considered : Portugal to win and both teams to score @ 3.60 at PaddyPower
Judging these two sides value-wise, I honestly expect the Portuguese to come out on top. Considering the fact that they also managed to win 11 out of those 14 games in their undefeated run, it makes it even more impressive.