The final step towards the group stage
Photo source : www.espnfc.com
Date : 22.08.2017
Kick off : 19:45 PM
Tuesday, 22.08.2017, set to start at 19:45, the Nice vs Napoli fixture is almost decided after the clash at San Paolo Stadium.
Team facts and news
- Nice is only occupying the 11th place in Ligue 1, with only 3 points obtained after 3 rounds.
- The home side were going through a very rough patch, with 3 consecutive defeats in all competitions. The glimpse of “sunshine” came last weekend when they won against Guingamp at home (2-0).
- French striker A. Plea is currently the most prolific player for the team, with 2 goals netted.
- The French team will not be able to rely on W. Cyprien due to his injury, but nor on V. Koziello and A. Plea who are suspended.
- Napoli is currently sitting on the 4th position in Serie A after the first round, where they got their first win of the season.
- The visiting side is going through a very good patch. They cruised past Verona (3-1) during this weekend and defeated Nice in the first leg of this UCL playoff clash with 2-0 at home less than a week ago.
- The Albanian player E. Hysaj is the main missing piece for the Naples team.
Main prediction : Over 2.5 goals @ 1.65 at Unibet
To be considered : Over 3.5 goals @ 2.60 at Unibet
Napoli solved the matter at hand at home and managed to get a solid victory plus a clean sheet in the first leg. Nice, however, remains a very tough nut to crack at home and you never know how they can pull two back and return in this match-up.