Football predictions – Monaco vs PSG – French Super Cup
Photo source : www.skysports.com
Date : 29.07.2017
Kick off : 20:00 PM
Saturday, 29.07.2017, set to begin at 20:00, the Monaco vs PSG clash that is going to take place in Morocco will set the tone for the new season to come in Ligue 1.
Team facts and news
- The team from Monaco definitely impressed everyone in the previous season. They won the league title after a 17-years drought and got all the way to the Champions League semifinals.
- Unfortunately for them, they had to give up a lot of key players that made this run possible last season, such as Bernardo Silva, Nabil Dirar, Valere Germain, Tiemoue Bakayoko and Benjamin Mendy. Mbappe is still left at the club, but has serious offers from numerous clubs.
- As far as acquisitions are concerned, Monaco failed to make any splash, only bringing Youri Tielemans from Anderlecht and also Diego Benaglio from Wolfsburg.
- Leonardo Jardim’s team has played 6 friendly games throughout the summer, only gathering 2 victories, 3 draws and a single defeat.
Probable line-up: Subasic – Jorge, Jemerson, Glik, Sidibe – Lemar, Tielemans, Fabinho, Lopes – Falcao, Mbappe
- The Parisian team suffered quite the blow last season, when they failed to win the league title after 5 consecutive triumphs.
- Moreover, PSG got knocked out early from the Champions League, in the first elimination round, against Barcelona, when they lost 6-1 at Camp Nou after winning 4-0 in Paris.
- Therefore, after that modest performance, the team owners decided it is time to make some investments. The main summer targets for the Paris team are Alexis Sanchez and Neymar, the Brazilian being heavily linked to a transfer in the French capital lately.
- Unai Emery and his team have only 4 preparation matches under their belt. They drew against Paris FC, won after penalties against AS Rome and was defeated by both Tottenham and Juventus.
Probable line-up: Trapp – Kurzawa, Silva, Maquinhos, Dani Alves – Matuidi, Motta, Rabiot – Pastore, Cavani, Di Maria
To be considered : Over 3.5 goals @ 2.45 at WilliamHill
In spite of losing more than a handful of players during the course of this summer, Monaco remains a very threatening team offensive wise, reason why I expect them to please and indulge the public in this confrontation. PSG is well known for its hunger for goals, reason enough why this French Super Cup should be seen as a potential goal galore.