West Ham has not won at Old Trafford for 10 years now
Photo source : www.metro.co.uk
Date : 13.08.2017
Kick off : 16:00 PM
Sunday, 13.08.2017, set to start at 16:00, the Manchester United vs West Ham United clash will sum up the first round of the Premier League 2017/2018.
Team facts and news
- Manchester United is one of the early promises of this new Premier League season, as they are almost certain to be competing for the championship.
- “The Red Devils” brought in players for the value of 165 million Euros. One such case is Victor Lindelof who came from the Portuguese league, but at “Old Trafford” also arrived Romelu Lukaku and Nemanja Matic, players who are no strangers to the English Premier League.
- In their first official game of the season, United lost the European Super Cup after being overwhelmed by Real Madrid (1-2), although the score might not suggest it.
- As far as departures are concerned, Mourinho waived goodbye to Wayne Rooney, who returned to Everton, but also to Januzaj, transferred to Sociedad.
Probable line-up: De Gea – Valencia – Jones – Bailly – Darmian – Matic – Herrera – Pogba – Martial – Lukaku – Mkhitaryan
West Ham United:
- West Ham United forgot how it was like to win at “Old Trafford”, place where they did not taste victory in over a decade.
- Unhappy with the 11th position acquired last season in the Premier League, Croatian coach Slaven Bilic brought in back-ups on all positions on the field in order to compete for the European Cups, as West Ham United used to do in previous years.
- Therefore, with around 70 million Euros spent, the owners of “The Hammers” brought in Javier Hernandez, Arnautovic, Haksabanovic and also got Joe Hart on loan. Moreover, the club also signed two very valuable veteran free agents in Zabaleta and Enner Valencia.
Probable line-up: Hart – Zabaleta – Reid – Ogbonna – Cresswell – Obiang – Noble – Antonio – Lanzini – Arnautovic – Hernandez
Main prediction : Manchester United over 1.5 goals @ 1.51 at WilliamHill
To be considered : West Ham United under 0.5 goals @ 1.80 at WilliamHill
Jose Mourinho is going to propose an awaiting game, as he’d rather not conceded a goal. We however believe in the offensive force of the “Red Devils” and put faith in them that they will take advantage of the sloppy West Ham defense.