Football predictions – Legia vs FC Astana – Uefa Champions League
Photo source : www.dailymail.co.uk
Date : 02.08.2017
Kick off : 19:45 PM
Wednesday, 02.08.2017, set to begin at 19:45, the Legia vs FC Astana clash will be played in front of one of the “warmest” stadiums in football and the Polish fans will sing way beyond the finals whistle.
Team facts and news
- Legia Warsaw is on the brink of elimination from the Champions League, following a very poor away outing in which they lost 1-3 last week.
- However, the goal scored by Armando Sadiku and the fact that they are on home soil, still seed in Legia the hope of a 2-0 victory. The morale is high in the Polish side, especially taking into consideration the fact that they managed to finish all the games played so far in the 2017/2018 undefeated at home.
- Moreover, their most recent result at home is a positive one, a 2-0 triumph over Sandecja, result that would be enough to see them go through to the UCL playoffs.
- Astana is currently in incredible form, undefeated over the course of the past 9 consecutive games, either from the Champions League or from their domestic league.
- Therefore, after 3 matches disputed in the most prestigious inter-clubs competition, Astana can brag with a record of 2 victories and a draw. That draw came in their away game against Spartaks that ended 1-1. We must also highlight the fact that Astana has managed to score in every single European game so far.
- Yet another away draw or even a defeat by a single goal margin could send FC Astana, the Kazakhstan champions, closer to the UCL group stage.
To be considered : Legia to lead at HT @ 2.30 at Ladbrokes
Astana held a firm grip over the first leg, but they always struggled when were away. This is not going to be like any other away match, as the Polish supporters are going to back their favorites in insane fashion and create a super-atmosphere for at least a 2-goals margin victory.