Koln is under pressure to win after losing the “Rhine Derby”
Photo source : www.bundesliga.de
Date : 25.08.2017
Kick off : 19:30 PM
Friday, 25.08.2017, set to start at 19:30, the Koln vs Hamburger SV fixture is going to be a very fiery one and is going to take place at “RheinEnergieStadion”.
Team facts and news
- FC Koln had a very tough match-up in the inaugural round, as they had to face rivals Borussia Monchengladbach, in the “Rhine Derby”.
- Unfortunately for them, they were overpowered in almost every important aspect of the game and lost their first Bundesliga game with 1-0. To their joy, they are returning in front of their own crowd, where aside from Gladbach and Bayern no other team has managed to win in 2017.
- Moreover, Koln has not lost against Hamburger SV at home for more than five years and a half now.
Probable line-up: Horn – Klunter – Sorensen – Heintz – Killian Horn – Lehmann – Hector – Risse – Osako – Bitencourt – Cordoba
- Hamburger SV is coming to Koln with the thoughts of breaking the curse that is already last well over 5 years. .
- As far as morale is concerned among Gisdul’s team, it is at its peak after Muller scored the sole goal against Augsburg last weekend, which granted the team their first 3 points of the season.
- Another interesting aspect is that Hamburger SV has won both of the previous H2H games, but they were not visitors in either of those.
Probable line-up: Mathenia – Diekmeier – Jung – Papadopoulos – Drongelen – Walace – Ekdal – Hahn – Hunt – Kostic – Wood
Main prediction : Koln to win either half @ 1.50 at Ladbrokes
To be considered : Draw/Koln at HT/FT @ 4.50 at Ladbrokes
A duel such as the Koln vs Hamburger SV one most of the time belongs to the home team (at least so it has been in the past couple of years) and I believe that Koln will be able to maintain this spirit in front of their fanatic supporters at “RheinEnergieStadion”.