Everton has high ambitions in this new season
Photo source : www.skysports.com
Date : 12.08.2017
Kick off : 15:00 PM
Saturday, 12.08.2017, set to start at 15:00, the Chelsea vs Burnley encounter is going to raise a lot of interest at the Stamford Bridge.
Team facts and news
- Everton has recently succeeded in advancing to the Europa League play-off stage after knocking out Ruzomberak with the score of 2-0 on aggregate in the 3rd preliminary round of the UEL.
- The team from Liverpool said its farewell to Romelu Lukaku during this transfer window, as he departed for Manchester United for the tremendous amount of 90 million Euros. In exchange, legend Wayne Rooney made a comeback to his childhood club.
- Ramiro Mori, Ross Barkley and Seamus Coleman are all unavailable for selection ahead of this game due to their medical condition.
Probable line-up: Pickford – Williams, Keane, Holgate – Baines, Schneiderlin, Gueye, Klassen, Davies – Rooney – Ramirez
- As far as their counterparts are concerned, Stoke are yet to play their first official game of the 2017/2018 season, as they only disputed friendly games. In their most recent match-up, they faced RB Leipzig, team which they defeated with the score of 2-1.
- The home coach is unable to play I. Afellay, Bojan Krkic and J. Tymon, as all are out with injuries.
- Stoke made two summer signings in order to bring strength to their squad: Kurt Zouma from Chelsea and Tre Pemberton from Blackburn.
Probable line-up: Butland – Johnson, Zouma, Shawcross, Pieters – Cameron, Fletcher – SHaqiri, Allen, Sobhi – Berahino
Main prediction : Everton to win @ 1.69 at Ladbrokes
To be considered : Over 2.5 goals @ 2.10 at Ladbrokes
The home side has already been through a couple of official games and already has the upper hand as far as this aspect is concerned. Considering their home advantage as well in the Premier League opener for both teams, I believe that Everton will come out on top eventually.