A show is bound at “Signal Iduna Park”
Photo source : www.bleacherreport.com
Date : 05.08.2017
Kick off : 19:30 PM
Saturday, 05.08.2017, set to begin at 19:30, the Borussia Dortmund vs Bayern Munchen clash is going to be a starting point and also focal point for the new Bundesliga 2017/2018 season.
Team facts and news
- The team in black and yellow only managed to finish 3rd last season, qualifying for the UEFA Champions League group stage. They have, however, won a trophy, winning the German Cup, in a final in which they cruised past Eintracht Frankfurt.
- As far as additions are concerned, Borussia has brought in only four players this summer, but no remarkable signings. Departure wise, the only important player they lost was Matthias Ginter, who left Borussia Monchengladbach.
- The team also has a new head coach, Peter Bosz, the former Ajax coach that took the team to the UEL final, replaced Thomas Tuchel on the bench. Borussia Dortmund only played 6 friendly games during the summer. They recorded 2 victories, 1 draw and 3 defeats, with a goal record of 10-10.
- Reus will not be a part of this fixture, as he, Raphael Guerreiro and Emre Mor are all injured. It is quite likely that we will also see Mario Gotze at work, a player that has missed most of last season.
Probable line-up: Burki – Passlack, Bartra, Sokratis, Piszczek – Gotze, Sahin, Castro – Pulisic, Aubameyang, Dembele
- The team from Bavaria managed to clinch their 5th consecutive title last season, making it the 27th in their trophy cabinet.
- Unlike their opponents, the German champions have been more involved in the transfer window, bringing in players like James Rodriguez, Sebastian Rudy, Corentin Tolisso or Serge Gnabry. It must also be mentioned that they also lost some key pieces in Douglas Costa, Xabi Alonso or Philipp Lahm.
- Carlo Ancelotti’s formation took part in 10 friendly games over the summer period. They secured 5 victories, but also lost 5 times, while scoring 18 goals and conceding 14.
- The newest addition for Bayern, James Rodriguez, is currently injured and just as Robben, Boateng, Neuer and Thiago fiind he will not be available.
Probable line-up: Ulreich – Alaba, Hummels, Martinez, Rafinha – Vidal, Tolisso – Ribery, Muller, Coman – Lewandowski
To be considered : Over 3.5 goals @ 2.45 at Bet365
Therefore, the two most elite teams from Germany are going head to head tonight and their offensive class is going to be on display. Due to that fact, I believe that the amount of goals scored by either side is much more profitable than picking sides.