Football predictions – Basaksehir vs Club Brugge – Uefa Champions League
Photo source : www.espnfc.com
Date : 02.08.2017
Kick off : 18:45 PM
Wednesday, 02.08.2017, set to begin at 18:45, the Basaksehir vs Club Brugge encounter is going to take place at “İstanbul Başakşehir Fatih Terim Stadyumu” and the spectacle is guaranteed after what we have seen in the first leg.
Team facts and news
- The Turkish side is no stranger from European competitions, as they played in Europa League both in 2015 and 2016. They were knocked out in the 3rd preliminary round, respectively in the playoffs, but now reached their European peak, with a 3rd preliminary round presence in the Champions League.
- The debut for Abdullah Avcı’s side in the most prestigious inter-clubs competitions was a hard one to forget, as they put on a complete show against Club Brugge in a 3-3 thriller in Belgium that sees the Turks favorites for qualification coming into this game.
- We have to highlight the fact that Basaksehir is an “immovable object” at home, being undefeated for almost an entire year.
- Club Brugge is at a slight disadvantage coming into this game, as they are playing away, on a stadium that proved almost impenetrable in the past season.
- The Belgian formation took place in the Champions League last season, but they disappointed by finishing dead last in a rather accessible group, alongside Leicester, FC Porto and FC Copenhagen.
- The team coached by Ivan Leko is going into the Istanbul inferno and will have an almost impossible mission, as only a victory would see the Belgians through to the UCL playoffs.
To be considered : Over 3.5 goals @ 2.65 at PaddyPower
In the first leg between these two clubs we witnessed a goal galore (6 goals scored overall in that 3-3 thriller) and from what we have gathered, this game should only add fuel to the fire and ignite the hunger for goals for both sides.