First Super Cup “El Clasico” in five years
Photo source : www.skysports.com
Date : 13.08.2017
Kick off : 21:00 PM
Sunday, 13.08.2017, set to start at 21:00, the Barcelona vs Real Madrid first leg is going to preview the new La Liga 2017/2018 season.
Team facts and news
- The Catalans failed to impress last season. They finished 2nd in Primera Division, right behind their rivals from Madrid and they also only got through to the quarter finals of UEFA Champions League, where Juventus knocked them out.
- The “Blaugrana” formation is obviously weakened after the departure of Neymar, who chose to sign for PSG in exchange of a transfer sum out of this world and his replacement for this game will most likely be Deulofeu.
- During this summer, Barcelona disputed 5 friendly games, managing victories against Juventus, Manchester United, Real Madrid and Chapecoense, drawing level with Gimnastic de Tarragona.
- The home side have no squad problems, as Ernesto Valverde will be capable of sending in his best starting eleven.
Probable line-up: Ter Stegen – Jordi Alba, Umtiti, Pique, Vidal – Rakitic, Busquets, Iniesta – Deulofeu, Suarez, Messi
- “The Blancos” did outstanding in the previous season. They got the league title in Spain after a 5 year drought and also clinched their 12th Champions League trophy, becoming the first team in history to win the biggest European title in back to back years.
- The European champions failed to make a “splash” in this transfer window. They brought in new pieces such as Theo Hernandez from Atletico Madrid and Dani Ceballos from Real Betis.
- Real Madrid took part in 4 friendly games this pre-season. They got a victory against the MLS All-Star team (after penalties), but lost out in the rest of the games against Manchester United, Manchester City and Barcelona. The team also played in the European Super Cup, which they won after 90 minutes against Manchester United (2-1).
- As far as injuries are concerned, the visitors have no issues, but Zidane will not be able to rely on Modric, the Croatian being suspended for a red card he conceded 3 years ago in this competitoin.
Probable line-up: Navas – Marcelo, Ramos, Varane, Carvajal – Isco, Casemiro, Kroos – Ronaldo, Benzema, Bale
Main prediction : Both teams to score @ 1.40 at Bet365
To be considered : Draw @ 3.85 at Bet365
Barcelona is in tremendous form, coming into this game undefeated for 14 straight games. Out of these games, 12 were victories, making it hard to believe that they will fail to score today at least once at Camp Nou. Real Madrid on the other hand set a record of scoring in every single game played in their previous season. The statistic is also backing us up, as both teams managed to score in 22 of the previous 23 “El Clasicos” .