The Paris team has an easy match-up
Photo source : www.skysports.com
Date : 05.08.2017
Kick off : 16:15 PM
Saturday, 05.08.2017, set to begin at 16:15, the PSG vs Amiens fixture is going to start right after the official presentation of Neymar Jr for the club that is playing on Parc des Princes.
Team facts and news
- The team from Paris was a let-down last season, only finishing on the second position, 8 points behind Monaco.
- That raised some red flags for the ownership and they decided to make some “splash” on the transfer market by recently signing Neymar, the Brazilian superstar from FC Barcelona in exchange for 222 million Euros.
- During this season, the team under Unai Emery has huge ambitions. They obviously want to reclaim the title in Ligue 1, but their primary target is the UEFA Champions League trophy, a competition where PSG never got further than the quarter finals.
- PSG is coming into this game after a victory over Monaco (2-1) in the French Super Cup, a game in which Dani Alves stood out with a goal and also an assist.
Probable line-up: Trapp – Kurzawa, Silva, Marquinhos, Dani Alves – Matuidi, Rabiot, Verratti – Pastore, Cavani, Di Maria
- “The Unicorns” are a fresh promoted team in Ligue 1 and they made it all the way here for their first time in history after finishing on the 2nd position in Ligue 2.
- The team coached by Christophe Pélissier managed to gather 66 after 38 rounds played. They recorded 19 victories, 9 draws and 10 defeats, with a goal record of 56 goals netted and 38 conceded (+18).
- Amiens disputed 7 friendly games so far this summer, out of which they got away with 2 victories, 1 draw and 4 defeats.
Probable line-up: Gurtner – Ielsch, Bodmer, Adenon, Cissokho – Monconduit, N’Gosso, Fofana – Manzala, Labeau, Dompe
To be considered : 2-0 correct score at HT @ 3.80 at Coral
PSG definitely has the upper hand coming into this game and obviously is the more experienced side. Considering that the team from Paris wants to take a serious option towards the league title very early, they are poised to win heavily in their home opener today against Amiens.