San Paolo Stadium will erupt tonight
Photo source : www.espnfc.com
Date : 16.08.2017
Kick off : 19:45 PM
Wednesday, 16.08.2017, set to start at 19:45, the Napoli vs Nice match-up is going to stir everybody up in this UCL playoff.
Team facts and news
- The team in blue did pretty well last season. They finished on the third position, only behind Juventus and AS Roma and therefore qualified for the Champions League playoff, looking forward to qualify for the UCL group stage for the second year in a row.
- Napoli did not make any waves on the transfer market during this window, as they only brought in Adam Ounas from Bordeaux.
- The side coached by Maurizio Sarri played 8 friendly matches during their pre-season training, out of which they won 5, drew 2 and only lost once.
Probable line-up: Reina – Ghoulam, Koulibaly, Maksimovic, Hysaj – Hamsik, Jorginho, Allan – Insigne, Mertens, Callejon
- “The Eagles” stunned everybody with their performance last season. Just as their counterparts tonight, they finished 3rd, behind forces like Monaco and PSG and got to the UCL playoffs for the first time in the team’s history.
- Lucien Favre’s boys did not kick off the new season on the right note, as they have zero triumphs in their 4 official matches so far. In Europe, they drew against Ajax in both of the legs and in Ligue 1, they lost both their games, first to Saint-Etienne and then against fresh-promoted Troyes.
- Nice will not be able to rely on Cyprien, Balotelli and Sneijder, as they are all unavailable due to injuries.
Probable line-up: Cardinale – Sarr, Marchand, Dante, Souquet – Seri, Koziello – Saint-Maxim, Srarfi, Lees-Melou – Plea
Main prediction : Over 2.5 goals @ 1.60 at Unibet
To be considered : Over 3.5 goals @ 2.50 at Unibet
Judging according to form and squad value, it may sound very likely for Napoli to get the victory here, especially as they are playing in front of their home fans. I however believe that Nice may have an ace up their sleeve, reason why I believe that goals are much more likely and easily to come.