First real test for Guardiola’s squad
Photo source : www.worldsoccertalk.com
Date : 09.09.2017
Kick off : 12:30 PM
Saturday, 09.09.2017, set to start at 12:30, the Manchester City vs Liverpool derby is going to be a very entertaining one to watch from a neutral fan’s point of view.
Team facts and news
- Manchester City is currently sitting just outside the podium in the Premier League, with 7 points gathered after the first 3 rounds.
- The home team had quite a positive start to the 2017/2018 season, with 2 victories so far. Most recently, “The Citizens” got away with a late 2-1 victory over Bournemouth.
- Raheem Sterling is somehow surprisingly the team’s top goalscorer with 2 goals netted in the first 3 games of the season so far.
- Irony has it that the team from Manchester will not be able to rely on Raheem Sterling, as he will be suspended for this fiery affair.
Probable line-up: Ederson – Otamendi, Stones, Kompany – Danilo, Silva, Fernandinho, De Bruyne, Walker – Jesus, Aguero
- Liverpool has the same amount of points as their rivals from “across the road” do, but thanks to their goal record, are sitting on the 2nd position in the Premier League.
- The visitors have a terrific form. Following their UEFA Champions League group stage qualification, Liverpool smoked Arsenal in a decisive 4-0 victory.
- Sadio Mane has been deadly in front of goal so far, with 3 goals scored in the first 3 rounds.
- Adam Lallana, Adam Bogdan, Nathaniel Clyne and Danny Ings did not travel with the team, as all of them still have medical issues to sort.
Probable line-up: Mignolet – Gomez, Lovren, Matip, Robertson – Can, Henderson, Wijnaldum – Mane, Firmino, Salah
Main prediction : Over 2.5 goals @ 1.55 at Bwin
To be considered : Over 3.5 @ 2.25 at Bwin
Both teams have been outstanding so far this season, especially in terms of offensive firepower, this being the main reason why I believe that neither goalkeeper is going to get out of this Saturday fixture unharmed and with a clean sheet.