Buffon has 7 consecutive clean sheets against Lazio
Photo source : www.bleacherreport.com
Date : 13.08.2017
Kick off : 19:45 PM
Sunday, 13.08.2017, set to start at 19:45, the Manchester United vs West Ham United clash will sum up the first round of the Premier League 2017/2018.
Team facts and news
- The team coached by Massimilliano Allegri steamrolled its competition in the previous edition of Serie A, as they finished undefeated at home, with 18 victories and a single draw.
- During this transfer window, Juventus has made quite some interesting choices in the market. First of all came the shock of Leonardo Bonucci departing for AC Milan. “The Old Lady” reacted quickly and brought in Benatia from Bayern Munchen in order to bolster their defense.
- As for the incoming players, we could also highlight Cuadrado, De Sciglio, Bernardeschi and Bentancur, players for which Juventus paid over 80 million Euros.
Probable line-up: Buffon – Lichtsteiner – Barzagli – Chiellini – Sandro – Pjanic – Khedira – Costa – Dybala – Mandzukic – Higuain
- The evolution of the team in the past season has been in the usual note, “The Hawks” finished on an Europa League position, which grants access straight to the group stage.
- In order to draw some positives, the side coached by Inzaghi made quite the impression in Serie A last season, as they were one of the top scorers with 74 goals netted. (sadly none in Buffon’s goal)
- Moreover, the last time Lazio managed to score against Juventus was in Coppa Italia 2 years ago, when Stefan Radu scored the sole goal for his team. The odds for them to break this counter-performance are quite slim, especially after letting go of their top player in Lucas Biglia and only bringing in Lucas Leiva.
Probable line-up: Strakosha – Radu – Vrij – Wallace – Basta – Parolo – Leiva – Milinkovic Savic – Lulic – Immobile – Keita
Main prediction : Juventus to win either half @ 1.47 at Bwin
To be considered : Lazio under 0.5 goals @ 2.40 at Bwin
It has been 4 years and a half since Lazio last managed to defeat Juventus, but the even more concerning aspect is that they failed to score in the past 7 encounters in the Italian capital against “The Old Lady”. Therefore, given the value of the Juventus squad and the added experience, I believe that they are going to win in “Italian fashion”.