Atletico wants to get the 3 points
Photo source : www.depor.com
Date : 19.08.2017
Kick off : 19:15 PM
Saturday, 19.08.2017, set to start at 19:15, the Girona vs Atletico Madrid will take place on “Estadio Montilivi” and will be the starting point for the new Atletico Madrid season.
Team facts and news
- In the previous season, the team in white and red played in Segunda Division, where they finished second in the standings. That granted them promotion to Primera Division for the first time in the club’s history.
- The team coached by Pablo Machín disputed 7 friendly games throughout the summer, out of which they won 2 games, drew 3 times and lost twice, while only scoring 6 goals in the process.
Probable line-up: Iraizoz – Muniesa, Alcala, Espinosa – Benitez, Riera, Luiz, Maffeo – Garcia, Stuani, Portu
- The team from Madrid performed admirably last season, as they finished on the 3rd position behind Real Madrid and Barcelona.
- They also had a lot going their way in the UEFA Champions League, where they left the competition in the semifinals, at the wrath of their arch-rivals from the same Spanish capital.
- Diego Simeone will not be able to rely on Godin and Partey, who are both serving suspensions from last season, nor on Gameiro, who is still injured.
Probable line-up: Oblak – F. Luis, Savic, Gimenez, Vrsaljko – Carrasco, Gabi, Koke, Gaitan – Griezmann, Torres
Main prediction : Atletico Madrid to win @ 1.45 at WilliamHill
To be considered : Draw/Atletico Madrid at HT/FT @ 4.20 at WilliamHill
Considering the value and experience both squads have, I believe that Atletico Madrid will come out on top in this fixture, despite playing away, as Girona will need some accommodation time in the Primera Division.