Conte attempts to win in back-to-back years
Photo source : www.skysports.com
Date : 12.08.2017
Kick off : 15:00 PM
Saturday, 12.08.2017, set to start at 15:00, the Chelsea vs Burnley encounter is going to raise a lot of interest at the Stamford Bridge.
Team facts and news
- Chelsea kicked off the official 2017/2018 season on the wrong foot. The Londoners lost the FA Community Shield after penalty kicks against their rivals from Arsenal.
- Tiemoue Bakayoko and Eden Hazard both still have medical problems and will not be available for selection in Conte’s formation. Moreover, Nigerian player Victor Moses will also miss out this game after the red card he received in the FA Cup final against Arsenal from 2 months ago.
Probable line-up: Courtois – Cahill, Luiz, Rudiger – Alonso, Kante, Fabregas, Azpilicueta – Willian, Morata, Pedro
- As for their counterparts, Burnley did not make too much of a splash during the summer, but managed to sign Jonathan Walters (Stoke) and Charlie Taylor (Leeds).
- The visiting coach will not be able to rely on Dean Marney, player who will sit out due to injury in the opening round.
- Burnley is yet to win a single Premier League clash at Stamford Bridge against Chelsea, in the entire team’s history.
Probable line-up: Heaton – Lowton, Tarkowski, Mee, Ward – Arfield, Cork, Hendrick, Brady – Vokes, Walters
Main prediction : Over 2.5 goals @ 1.60 at Coral
To be considered : Over 3.5 goals @ 2.80 at Coral
This game represents the start of the 2017/2018 Premier League season for both teams and players will be looking to prove their worth. The morale for the home side is quite shaken up after the FA Community Shield loss to Arsenal, reason why we may expect Burnley to strike unexpectedly on counter-attacks. This course of events would result in a high-tempo and high scoring game.