Celtic is bound to get a home victory
Photo source : www.skysports.com
Date : 16.08.2017
Kick off : 19:45 PM
Wednesday, 16.08.2017, set to start at 19:45, the Celtic vs Astana fixture will be crucial for both teams as far as the UCL group stage is concerned.
Team facts and news
- “The Celts” clinched the league title last season, for the 48th time in history, therefore qualifying for the Champions League preliminary rounds.
- The side coached by Brendan Rodgers started off in the second round, where they faced Linfield (managed to win both legs). Then followed Rosenborg, who was a hard nut to crack. At home, they only sealed a scoreless draw, but then somehow sneaked away with a 1-0 away victory to secure qualification.
- Celtic also kicked off affairs in their domestic league, where they got maximum points after 2 rounds, thanks to victories over Hearts and Partick.
- Just like their opponents, the team playing in yellow and blue started their European campaign in the second round of the UEFA Champions League preliminaries. Their first encounter was against Spartaks Jurmala, which they won 2-1 on aggregate.
- In the next phase, the team under Stanimir Stoilov had a clash with Legia Warsaw, the Polish champion. They surprised everybody with a 3-1 home victory and a 1-0 defeat away from home was not enough for Legia to knock them out.
- FC Astana has only conceded a single loss in the past 12 games, winning 10 of them.
Main prediction : Celtic to win @ 1.41 at Bwin
To be considered : Over 2.5 goals @ 2.00 at Bwin
Celtic is in very good shape, coming into this game after a streak of 7 undefeated matches (in which they only conceded a single goal). Mainly because of this, to which we add the tremendous home support, the vibe is that the Scottish formation is going to impose its style and win in fashion.