Brighton has an impossible task at hand
Photo source : www.metro.co.uk
Date : 12.08.2017
Kick off : 17:30 PM
Saturday, 12.08.2017, set to start at 17:30, the Brighton vs Manchester City fixture is going to round up the Premier League action for the day.
Team facts and news
- Brighton has finally succeeded, after several failed attempts (they’ve been very close for the past 3 consecutive years) to reach the promise land – Premier League.
- After completing their task, coach Chris Hughton demanded investments from the club this summer (somewhere around 20 million Euros). On “Amex Stadium”, the club has brought in Propper, Gros and Murray. The club has also signed free agents or loaned some players, such as Izquierdo who had a very good season at Brugge or LuaLua, from Queens Park Rangers.
- Moreover, the team coached by Hughton responded very well in their pre-season games. They somehow managed to score 2 goals in the net of Atletico Madrid, which is not a small thing to accomplish.
Probable line-up: Ryan – Bruno – Dunk – Duffy – Suttner – March – Gros – Stephens – Skalak – Propper – Murray
- Manchester City needs no further presentation, as the international press has been all over the outstanding transfers pulled during this summer window.
- Guardiola was very outspoken and disappointed in regard to his club’s commitment to the Premier League last season, when they failed to keep up the pace with Chelsea and Spurs. In order to make sure this will not repeat, they brought in players for over 270 million Euros.
- Therefore, alongside Aguero, players like Ederson Moraes, Bernardo Silva, Kyle Walker, Mendy or Danilo are all going to be wearing the “Citizens” shirts. The new players seem to be getting along with the veterans just fine, as shown at the International Champions Cup, where the team cruised past Tottenham (3-0) and Real Madrid (4-1).
Probable line-up: Ederson – Walker – Kompany – Stones – Danilo – Fernandinho – Bernardo Silva – David Silva – Bruyne – Sane – Jesus
Main prediction : Over 2.5 goals @ 1.58 at Bwin
To be considered : Over 3.5 goals @ 2.55 at Bwin
There is no term of comparison between these two sides and I believe that this will show on the football pitch. In the end, Manchester City will grab all the 3 points and score at least 2 goals in Brighton’s net.