Betting predictions – Australia vs Saudi Arabia – WC 2018 Qualifiers
Photo source : www.goal.com
Date : 08.06.2017
Kick off : 11:00 AM
Thursday, 08.06.2017, set to begin at 11:00, the Australia vs Saudi Arabia duel is going to count for the 8th round of the WC 2018 Qualifiers.
Team facts and news
- Australia is currently occupying the 3rd position in Group B, with 13 points gathered after 7 rounds disputed.
- The home team is in very good shape, still being undefeated after these 7 games. In the previous round, the Australians managed to secure a 2-0 victory against United Arab Emirates.
- M. Jedinak is the team’s most prolific goals scorer, as he managed to net the ball 4 times so far.
- Australia is yet to lose an official clash since 2015, back when Jordan defeated them with the score of 2-0 in the World Cup qualifiers.
- On the other side, Saudi Arabia is currently sitting on the 2nd position of the table, with 16 points gathered after 7 rounds.
- The visitors succeeded in winning their previous 2 qualifying games, both in the month of March. They defeated Thailand away from home (3-0) and then Irak at at home (1-0).
- N. Al Abed is going to be the main threat in front of goal for Saudi Arabia, also with 4 goals scored in 7 games.
- The last time Saudi Arabia got the best of Australia was in December 1997, in a game counting for the Confederations Cup.
To be considered : Over 3.5 goals @ 2.75 at PaddyPower
Both teams are fighting for the top positions in the group and both are coming into this game after a very good stretch. I expect a very pleasant clash to the eye, with plenty of chances at both ends.