The Premier League “opener” is finally here
Photo source : www.espnfc.com
Date : 11.08.2017
Kick off : 19:45 PM
Friday, 11.08.2017, set to start at 19:45, the Arsenal vs Leicester City clash is going to kick off the new Premier League 2017/2018 season and will get every football fan hyped.
Team facts and news
- “The Gunners” were quite the disappointment in the past season. They finished 5th in the league, missed out on Champions League football and are headed to the Europa League group stage this year. The Londoners however did not finish the year without a trophy, as they clinched their 13th FA Cup (a competition record).
- Moreover, the side coached by Arsene Wenger started off the new season with a boost, as they succeeded in winning the FA Community Shield against Chelsea after penalties and got their first trophy of the season.
- Arsenal kept hold of their star players during this summer and moreover, they strengthened with two signings. They brought in striker Alexandre Lacazette from Lyon, but also Sead Kolasinac from Schalke 04. The home side will not be able to rely on Cazorla and Sanchez, both still being injured, while Koscielny has to serve a 1 round suspension due to a previously conceded red card.
Probable line-up: Cech – Monreal, Mertesacker, Mustafi – Kolasinac, Elneny, Xhaka, Bellerin – Iwobi, Welbeck – Lacazette
- “The Foxes” made wonders two seasons ago, by winning the Premier League title. That granted them a trip to the Champions League, but as far as the domestic league was concerned, they had quite the awful year, with their managed sacked and finishing only on the 12 position, 10 points away from relegation.
- In pre-season, Craig Shakespeare’s boys disputed 7 friendly games, out of which they won 3, lost 3 and drew once.
- Just as their opponent, Leicester picked up some pieces during the transfer window and kept hold of their main players. Iheanacho, Iborra and Maguire were brought in to the club.
- Riyad Mahrez stated that he wants to depart Leicester City, but the Algerian has promised that he will give his best on the field until the situation clears out.
Probable line-up: Schmeichel – Fuchs, Morgan, Maguire, Simpson – Gray, Amartey, Ndidi, Mahrez – Vardy, Iheanacho
Main prediction : Arsenal to win @ 1.51 at PaddyPower
To be considered : Over 3.5 goals @ 2.45 at PaddyPower
Leicester has never defeated Arsenal in the Premier League and it is hard to believe that they are going to break that “curse” today. Arsenal already has an official game to their name and they have also spent their summer playing much tougher opponents than Leicester has. As the “Gunners” are also playing at the Emirates Stadium and will be backed up by the fans, I predict a goal galore and a happy ending for Wenger’s troops.