We anticipate goals scored at both ends
Photo source : www.skysports.com
Date : 06.08.2017
Kick off : 14:00 PM
Sunday, 06.08.2017, set to begin at 14:00, the Arsenal vs Chelsea match-up is highly anticipated and will preview the future 2017/2018 Premier League season.
Team facts and news
- “The Gunners” were quite the disappointment in the previous edition of the Premier League, only finishing 5th and missing out on the UEFA Champions League for the first time in two decades.
- Arsenal made things a bit brighter by winning the FA Cup once again last year. They defeated Chelsea in the final in order to become the most successful team in this competition (a record of 13 trophies won).
- The side coached by Arsene Wenger disputed 6 friendly games throughout the summer. They got victories against Sydney FC, WS Wanderers, Bayern Munchen and Benfica, but lost out to Chelsea and Sevilla.
- Cazorla, Coquelin, Wilshere and Paulista will miss this game due to injuries, Ramsey’s condition ahead of this clash remains a question mark, as well as Bellerin and Sanchez (they are behind with training due to their participation in international competitions during the summer). We are most likely going to see the new signings Kolasinac and Lacazette at work.
Probable line-up: Cech – Monreal, Koscielny, Holding – Kolasinac, Xhaka, Ramsey, Chamberlain – Ozil, Welbeck – Lacazette
- “The Blues” stunned everybody last season with their dominant route towards the league title.
- Chelsea is to make a comeback in the UEFA Champions League this year after missing out the previous season and is still going to be a heavy favorite at the group draw.
- The Londoners have only taken part in 3 friendly matches. They snatched a 3-0 victory over Arsenal, but lost out to Bayern Munchen and Inter Milan.
- Antonio Conte will not be able to rely on Hazard, but nor on Bakayoko, both still being injured. Meanwhile, Alvaro Morata remains an uncertainty, because he is also behind schedule with training.
Probable line-up: Courtois – Cahill, David Luiz, Azpilicueta – Alonso, Kante, Fabregas, Moses – Pedro, Willian – Batshuayi
To be considered : Draw @ 3.45 at WilliamHill
This game is a very well balanced one, the final outcome being a rather hard one to predict. This is the main reason why I am relying on both offenses to score at least one goal in their opposition’s net, an assumption that has a high chance of completion.