Betting predictions – Ajax vs Nice – Uefa Champions League
Photo source : www.pulse.ng
Date : 02.08.2017
Kick off : 19:45 PM
Wednesday, 02.08.2017, set to begin at 19:45, the Ajax vs Nice fixture is definitely going to get everybody excited in the 3rd preliminary round of the Uefa Champions League.
Team facts and news
- Ajax Amsterdam is the odds-on favorite to go further in the Uefa Champions League, mainly thanks to the result from the first leg.
- In that first encounter between these two sides, van de Beek secured a 1-1 draw for the Netherlands team and they are in pole position for qualifying.
- As far as their performances is concerned, the Ajax players played outstandingly well, proving that their presence in the Europa League final last year was not random.
- The last time that Ajax managed to play in the UCL group stages was in the 2014/2015 season, four years ago, when they shared a group with PSG, APOEL and FC Barcelona.
- Nice is a Champions League debutant, but this should not come as a shock considering they only attended European competitions in 4 out of the past 28 years.
- Once again, Mario Balotelli stood out from the crowd, scoring the French goals after an assist from Serj. However, Lucien Favre’s side only stepped up their game in the first half, reason why Ajax came back strong after the break, drew level and also caused Mario Balotelli (71st minute) an injury that will keep him away from playing in the second leg.
To be considered : Ajax to lead at HT @ 2.30 at Coral
Ajax is undefeated in their previous 13th home stands in European cups and has all the chances to remain so, considering Nice’s woes away from home (1 victory in 22 European clashes). In other words, Ajax has the experience and the upper hand and the fact that they changed their managerial staff should not concern us at all.